Office: (863) 425-1125 ext 223
THE DEPARTMENT OF
Human Resources is a strategic partner with City Departments ensuring customer satisfaction by providing high quality customer services through value added and innovative initiatives, to a diverse workforce and applicant pool, in all aspects of Human Resources in compliance with all Federal and State labor laws.
- Treat all customers with the highest level of respect and provide excellent real time service.
- Maximize our human capital by hiring the most qualified candidates while retaining our valued employees.
- Offer employees the opportunity to obtain high level, quality benefits, while controlling cost and improving employee health.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Establish, administer and effectively communicate sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining City compliance with employment and labor laws, City policies, and labor agreements.
- Develop and maintain Human Resources job function procedures
- Ensure that the employees in the Human Resources Department are given the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain a Human Resources annual calendar of major activities
Measurement of Achievement
- Complete Standard Operating Procedures, developing one policy per month and post on Shared drive within one (1) week of finalization.
- Meet with Department Heads as necessary to obtain feedback regarding Human Resources services annually.
- Update documented guidelines for Human Resources job responsibilities within one (1) month of a major change.
- Ensure that all employees attend at least one (1) training class regarding Human Resources issues.
- Maintain the annual calendar on the shared drive and update it.
- Automate the invoice processing for Life and Long Term Disability Insurance by utilizing the Benefits module in HTE Payroll system.
- Work with ITS to develop a Human Resources information source on the City intranet.
- Support Sustainability Initiatives by pursuing uses for green technology within the H.R. department.
Measurement of Achievement
- Enter the data for Life and Long Term Disability Insurance into HTE by September 2010 to enable H.R. to self-bill.
- Provide ITS with H.R. data monthly prior to Intranet go live in December 2009 and maintain the H.R. data weekly after go live through September 2010.
- During H.R. Staff meetings discuss ideas for practical green technology applications in the H.R. office and track annual savings after implementation of each application by September 2010.
- Utilize statistical reports and other sources to measure Human Resources recruiting metrics.
- Implement creative methods to fill the human capital needs of the City in a manner that accommodates employees’ work/life balance.
- Reduce voluntary turnover rates by improving the advertising/selection process and managing the current workforce resource.
- Maintain a competitive Class and Compensation program
- Maintain/revise Job Descriptions and create new ones as required
- Maintain and revise the Personnel Policy Manual
- Successfully negotiate the successor SEIU Blue Collar and White Collar Collective Bargaining Agreement and any collective bargaining agreements that may reopen during this fiscal year.
- Train supervisors and management on the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain Labor Management Committees
- Obtain/maintain and administer high quality benefit programs for employees and provide excellent customer service.
- Review options for cost containment in the Employee Health Plans, such as partial self-funding and disease management.
- Enhance employees’ comprehension of benefits via educational programs
- Expand the focus on employee health/wellness throughout the year.
The City of Mulberry is a Fair Housing Advocate. If you feel you have been discriminated against, you may file a housing discrimination complaint at:1-800-669-9777 (Toll Free) or 1-800-927-9275 (TTY) or locally, Sharon Lauther, City Clerk, at (863) 425-1125 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Mulberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have any questions about equal employment opportunities or feel you may have been discriminated against, you may contact Sharon Lauther, City Clerk, at (863) 425-1125 or by email at email@example.com.
The City of Mulberry is a Section 504/ADA Compliant Advocate. If you feel you may have been discriminated against, you may contact Sharon Lauther, City Clerk, at (863) 425-1125 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.