Our available positions are listed below. If you are interested in applying, please submit an application, along with your resume to Sharon Lauther for consideration. We also accept applications via fax at 863-425-0188.
See below for current career opportunies.
Performs highly responsible management and administrative work directing and coordinating the varied functions of the City's Finance Department. Work involves supervision and administration of the central accounting system, financial and budget reporting, accounting and budgeting systems and procedures, risk management programs, data processing functions of the City. Work also includes supervising the utility billing function of the City and budgeting and accounting for the City’s Community Redevelopment Agency.
The Finance Director serves at the will of the City Manager and may be appointed or removed by the City Manager. Work in this class is distinguished from other classes by its emphasis on General Government finance, budget, personnel, payroll and utility billing oversight and risk management.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. The omission of a specific job function does not absolve an employee from being required to perform additional tasks incidental to or inherent in the job. Performance of lower level duties may be required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, coordinates and administers all activities and personnel of the City's finance and utility billing departments in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and directions from City government.
- Supervises activities of the Finance Department and Utility Billing Department, including administration, accounting, property control, billing and collection, accounts payable, payroll, cash/debt management.
- Analyzes the City's fiscal policies, interprets data, and recommends actions to immediate supervisor, the City Manager and the City Commission.
- Coordinates activities with functions of other City departments and private and public agencies.
- Directs preparation of reports and statements on the City's financial affairs including internal and external reporting.
- Reviews all revenue forecasts for all of the City’s operating funds to provide basis for cash flow forecasting.
- Prepares analysis and projections of the City's cash position to ensure that temporarily idle funds are invested and that investments of debt service funds mature at correct time.
- Maintains integrity of the integrated financial information system.
- Manages and administers the treasury function of the City, including disbursing of City payrolls and General Government funds.
- Manages and administers the controllership function of the City.
- Prescribes accounting/treasury forms and procedures.
- Administers and coordinates investment activities, revenue collections, banking services, debt service, and other financial activities.
- Prepares, submits and monitors annual departmental budget.
- Makes long- and short-range plans for the department.
- Administers the City's Retirement Plans, including monitoring investment advisors and custodian bankers.
- Serves as liaison with the City Commission, Finance Committee, and Pension Review Committee on retirement and pension matters.
- Recommends selection, promotion, discharge, and other appropriate personnel actions.
- Attends work on a continuous and regular basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Below are the required education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business or public administration, accounting, public finance, or related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible management and supervisory experience in accounting and financial management for a governmental agency or other large entity; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES
Certified Public Accountant or Certified Government Finance Officer desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances, regulations and statutes which govern City finance and risk management functions.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of effective administration and supervision.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques and methods of effective report presentation.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, accounting equipment, and integrated financial information systems.
- Knowledge of governmental budget procedures.
- Ability to plan, assign, delegate and direct work of administrative and supervisory personnel.
- Ability to assess municipal problems and proposed policies in terms of their financial and administrative impact.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to appraise market trends as they apply to municipal debt and to present findings effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with elected officials, charter officers, department heads, representatives of other agencies, other city employees, the financial community and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess certain physical abilities and be able to withstand work related environmental conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
May be required to work and attend meetings outside regular business hours.
This job is an exempt position in regarding to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Employment applications are available for download below, or may be picked up at City Hall.
**** Please note that after opening the application online, you will have to open it in another editable format in order to fill out online.****