City of Mulberry Public Library
Position Title: Library Assistant / Full-Time
Salary: Salary Negotiable / 40 hours per week and benefits
This position will remain open until filled
Job applications available on the city website: www.cityofmulberryfl.com
The City of Mulberry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Drug Free Workplace Employer.
Typical work example but not limited to:
• Check library materials in and out; Issues library cards according to established procedures; Computes and collects fines and makes cash transactions
• Organize and shelve or file materials appropriately, such as alphabetically or by Dewey decimal classification number
• Assess patron needs and provide assistance using printed materials, online databases and other library technologies
• Instruct patrons in the basic usage of the public access to the Internet, online services and resources, and other library technologies; including but not limited to copiers, faxes, scanners
• Respond and resolve requests for library materials, including assistance to physical location of library materials; process requests to other Library Cooperatives or interlibrary loan request
• Complete special projects and other duties, as assigned, to assist with programs and library services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: High level of computer usage and skills required. Excellent customer service skills and experience, sequential skills (Dewey decimal system) and the ability to work at a fast paced environment are necessary; willingness to learn new skills and attend training is imperative; preparing reports and lifting required. Skills in organizing, planning, and record keeping are essential.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma, At least 2 years experience working in a library is preferred. Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered. Must relate well with the general public, other library staff, volunteers, children and young adults, be adaptable and flexible, willing to work evenings and weekends Ability to make decisions, to implement policies and procedures, and maintain quality standards is necessary.