The position of the City Clerk is appointed by and reports to the City Manager, as provided for in the City Charter. The clerk is an important and exacting position in municipal government. The City Clerk is entrusted with numerous and diverse duties under both state law and local ordinances.
Some of the many responsibilities of the City Clerk of the City of Mulberry are:
- Prepares agenda in coordination with the City Manager’s office for all City Commission meetings.
- Attends, records and transcribes proceedings of all City Commission meetings
- Prepares and assures that all applicable agenda items are properly noticed.
- Maintains records of all rules, ordinances and resolutions of the City Commission
- Schedules, coordinates and plans City Commission special events
- Provides general administrative/clerical assistance to the City Commission.
- Prepares and maintains custody of all official City records and files.
- Oversees records management, retention and destruction in accordance with state regulations.
- Responsible for filing Public Records Requests
- Legal advertising for the City; recording of official documents with appropriate agencies
- Serves as financial disclosure coordinator with the State of Florida Commission on Ethics
- Custodian of the city seal with authority to execute and emboss documents to authenticate validity of City records
- Serves as the City’s Qualifying Officer for candidates running for election.
- Serves as the City’s liaison with the Supervisor of Elections office
- Processes all Business Licenses
This office is dedicated to serving the community in a professional, ethical, impartial and equitable manner. A municipal clerk performs activities prescribed by state and local laws.
City Commission Meeting Documents
Resources and Helpful Links:
- Florida Statutes
- Florida Division of Elections
- Florida Elections Commission
- Polk County Supervisor of Elections Office
- City of Mulberry Code of Ordinances
Sharon Lauther, City Clerk
P.O. Box 707, Mulberry, FL 33860