Contractors, who are registered or certified by the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board, wishing to do business in the City of Mulberry must register with the City Office. Property owners wishing to obtain a permit must complete a Disclosure Statement.
Registered Contractors must present proof of registration with the Polk County Board of Examiners which represents the City of Mulberry.
Registered Contractors must also post a bond of $5,000.00 to the City of Mulberry.
All contractors must present evidence of liability insurance and workmen’s compensation coverage.
All applicants for new construction must present:
- Legal description. Call 863-534-4777 (property appraiser) for legal description.
- Two (2) complete plat plans, which show all existing and proposed structures and set backs from all property lines. A survey may also be required if deemed necessary.
- Two (2) complete sets of plans showing typical wall and roof sections, foundation details, outside dimensions, dimensions of all rooms and their intended use, all electrical, mechanical, and plumbing details if applicable.
- One set of signed Florida Energy Efficiency Calculations if structure is to be heated or cooled.
All plans must indicate compliance with 110 MPH Wind Code
Plans must comply with code established Residential Deem to Comply Standards or be signed and sealed by a Code Professional.
All permit applicants for work not pertaining to new construction must describe the scope of the intended work as required by the building department.
Forms needed to apply for a Permit
- Construction application
- Construction Services Inspection Affidavit
- Disclosure Statement
- Mobile Home Setup Permit Application
- Notice of Commencement
Building Permit Applications
- Business-License-Application-FORM Revised
- Application for Zoning or Rezoning
- Application for Future Land Use Map Amendment
- APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL EXCEPTION
Donnie True, Building Inspector
Bonnie Titus, Code Enforcement Officer